The personal goals of Soo Bahk Do® practitioners are varied and range from being only a student pursuing personal rank advancement to being an instructor dedicated to helping others realize their goals in Soo Bahk Do®, to being a school owner running a business devoted to helping others realize their goals in Soo Bahk Do® and creating a livelihood for the owner.
Which of the following most closely describes your life goals with respect to your Soo Bahk Do® training?
I have a strong desire to:
- continue my personal rank advancement only (I just want to train and improve my technical skills) I am not interested in teaching.
- to teach Soo Bahk Do® to others, but not run a studio (I want to teach and serve as a Jo Kyo, Kyo Sa or Sa Bom within an existing Studio) or serve the art and the organization in the capacity as an official whether I operate a studio or not.
- to teach Soo Bahk Do® to others by operating a not-for-profit Soo Bahk Do® Teaching Program at a community center.
- to teach Soo Bahk Do® to others by operating a part-time/hobby Soo Bahk Do® Teaching Program in a recreation center, church, Y.M.C.A., family studio (estimated 3 to 6 hrs per week).
- Prepareto teach Soo Bahk Do to others by operating a part-time Soo Bahk Do® Dojang in a rented facility while maintaining my day job (dual income, estimated 7 to 20 hours per week).
- to teach Soo Bahk Do® to others by operating a professional full-time Soo Bahk Do® Dojang in a rented or owned facility (estimated 40 plus hours per week)
- to teach Soo Bahk Do® to others by operating a chain / multiple locations Soo Bahk Do® Dojangs (estimated 60 plus hours per week)
How would you define success for each of these life goals?
Are you currently achieving your life goals or do you prefer to improve your level of success?
When you help Federation leaders better understand your life goals, then your Federation can explore new opportunities for supporting you in realizing your dreams and life goals.
Our art has the greatest opportunity to thrive and grow when Federation Leaders, Studio Owners, and Members coordinate energy and efforts on achieving personal member success that supports the Vision Objectives of the President, the goals of the organization and the long-term preservation of the Moo Duk Kwan® organization and the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system for 1000 Years And Beyond.