As you contemplate beginning this exciting new journey of personal growth, it can be valuable to contemplate why you want to be an instructor and to thoughtfully consider your personal goals.
Moo Duk Kwan® instructor certification is available for USA practitioners who meet the requirements specified in the USA Member Manual and International World Moo Duk Kwan® members who meet the application requirements of their respective country.
International Translated Instructor Certification Study Kits
Translated versions of each Instructor Certification Study Kit are being prepared by the Officials in each World Moo Duk Kwan® country. Some countries are still customizing and translating the Instructor Certification Study Kits, so they may not be available yet.
Fees due and timeframes specified on this page apply globally for all Moo Duk Kwan® Instructor Certifications. An order must still be placed for a study kit even if downloading the content without payment is possible.
Currently, the English version is shipped for all orders.
Practitioners seeking Instructor Certification will possess a strong desire to learn the additional skills necessary to effectively share the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system with others through teaching.
- Discover Your Why (Simon Sinek)
- An online 7-10 hour course to discover your Why
1) Consult Your Personal Instructor
- Review The Member Manual
- Learn more on the wiki
- Place order for your Instructor Certification Study Kit(s)
- Begin Your Apprenticeship Under Your Personal Instructor's Guidance
- Be a Self-Starter And Actively Seek To Acquire New Skills and Knowledge During Your Apprenticeship
- Offer to assume responsibility for promoting awareness of Complimentary Military Memberships available at your school
- Offer to assume responsibility for hosting Birthday Parties at your school
- Offer to initiate a school promo through any marketing channel
- Complete Your Final Examination
- Begin Study toward Your Next Level of Instructor Certification
2) Activate Instructor Certification Study Kit Subscription Online at the Soo Bahk Do® Institute
- Jo Kyo Certification Study Kit (3 pmts)
- Kyo Sa Certification Study Kit (9 pmts)
- Kyo Bom Certification Study Kit (3 pmts) (Effective 2019) Special pricing is extended to various member groups.
- Sa Bom Certification Study Kit (18 pmts)
- Note: It is your responsibility to cancel your payment plan after the indicated number of payments. Should you fail to do so and your payments continue past the amount due, then you will receive full credit for any overpayment on your member ledger and upon your request your credit can be applied toward your membership, orders, event registration, testing fees, converted to a non-tax deductible donation, etc. or refunded.
- Or download order form and submit to Headquarters with single payment
- Download Certified Instructor Letter of Understanding
3) Submit Your Signed Certified Instructor Letter of Understanding Along With Your Study Kit Order.
4) Begin Your Apprenticeship Training Under Your Personal Instructor's Guidance
- What To Expect As A Jo Kyo Apprentice
- What To Expect As A Kyo Sa Apprentice
- What To Expect As A Kyo Bom Apprentice (Effective 2019)
- What To Expect As A Sa Bom Apprentice
coordinate teaching opportunities with your instructor
- be prepared to be required to recruit your own students to teach
- be prepared to learn how to teach exciting and motivating introductory lessons
- be prepared to learn how to teach private lessons
- be prepared to learn how to assist students and parent in preparing gup test paperwork
- be prepared to learn about procedures for communicating with Headquarters about gup tests
5) Be a Self-Starter and Actively Seek To Learn New Skills and Knowledge During Your Apprenticeship
- about techniques for inspiring, educating and motivating students
- about effective teaching techniques that help learners progress
- about planning class content in concert with the overall school schedule, external events, etc.
- about classroom management of time, content, student organization on the floor, etc.
- about administrative responsibilities of instructors to their students
6) Complete Your Final Examination
7) Begin Your Study Toward Your Next Level of Instructor Certification
- Activate an Instructor Certification Maintenance Subscription on theSoo Bahk Do® Institute
This chart is pending update to include Kyo Bom 2019