Group Rates End 06/17/2013
Reserve your hotel room before the special group rates end that have been contracted for attendees of the 2013 National Festival and Dan Leadership Convention at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill, NJ on July 18th 20th.
When the group block closes on 06/17/2013, then higher rates may apply to your room reservations.
The hotel block is filling fast.
You can reserve your room at the Crowne Plaza in Cherry Hill, NJ online here.
Sa Bom Nim James Losasso is once again heading up the Rover Committee for the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation’s 2013 National Festival and Dan Leadership Convention in Cherry Hill, NJ on July 18th -20th.
The Rover Committee provides redundant backup support for all other committees during the event.
Sa Bom Nim Losasso can be contacted at email@example.com
If you would like to join Sa Bom Nim Losasso and serve on a National Festival Committee please contact Sa Bom Nim Tom Brnich at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 330-7431
Committee members are essential to the National Festival’s success and Sa Bom Nim Brnich would love to hear from you if you have a desire to serve on any of the Committees that make the Festival happen.
He has scheduled a planning teleconference for all Committee Heads on Wednesday May 22nd at 9:00 PM EST.
If you want to pitch in and help, please call his cell at (609) 330-7431 or email him at email@example.com
Sa Bom Nim Tom Brnich is assisting the TAC appointed Volunteer Coordinator, Sa Bom Nim Michael Garaguso, with identifying and coordinating volunteers who want to serve as Committee Heads to help produce the 2013 National Festival and Dan Leadership Convention for the U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation.®
National Festival Committees include, but are not limited to the following:
- Federation Liaison With Hotel
- meets with hotel staff to pre-plan event needs
- during the event coordinates all requests from Federation Volunteers and Committees to the hotel staff as needed.
- Sa Bom Nim Tom Brnich and Phil Duncan, TAC EA
- Registration and Merchandising Committee
- will assist HQ staff Celia Vanduyne with manning registration and merchandise sales tables throughout the event
- will help receive, unpack and after the event help repack all Federation merchandise and inventory items brought to the event
- to volunteer to assist her please call (888) SOO-BAHK.
- To volunter for any other Committee, please call Tom Brnich Sa Bom Nim at (609) 330-7431 cell
- Security Committee
- will coordinate with HQ staff and provide gate-keeping, ticket taking, and crowd flow support throughout the event
- Medical Committee
- identifies and contacts local EMTs and explores schedule availabilty for them to serve the event, then coordinates contracting them with HQ
- assures a medical booth location is provided for them and confirms the presence of EMT’s and medical staff at the designated times
- should be well aware of local medical facility locations (have printed maps available to give others if necessary) and have immediate access to means to transport someone there if required
- Videographer Committee
- will provide video services for the Soo Bahk Do Institute Auditions on Thurday afternoon July 18th from 1:00 to 5:00 PM
- will also shoot video throughout the event
- Photography Committee
- coordinates with HQ about key photograpy moments to schedule and capture
- acquires photos of various event activity during the course of the event and collects contact information from anyone in the audience observed taking pictures or videoing so they can be contacted later about sharing their photos or video with the Federation
- may be scheduled to take bust photos of selected members, team awards, etc.
- TAC Designated Floor Manager
- Sa Bom Nim Bill Nelson will organize and schedule all aspects of the competition
- Assistant to the TAC Designated Floor Manager
- works closely with Sa Bom Nim Bill Nelson organizing participant divisions and managing competition results, etc.
- Rover Committee
- this committee provides redundant support for all other committees and may be called upon to do anything at anytime.
- Special Needs Committee
- coordinates with TAC Floor Manager and individual members to accommodate members with special needs and help assure a rewarding experience for those members during the event
- Ring Referees
- Regional Examiners and Ko Dan Ja members attedning the event please contact Sa Bom Nim Bill Nelson
- Medals, Trophies, Awards Acquisition Committee
- coordinates in advance with HQ to order and receive event medals, awards, etc. onsite
- Ring Equipment Committee
- coordinates receipt of all equipment from HQ onsite as required for competition
- confirms all equipment is present and reviews contents and/or acquires replacement items if missing or lost
- during the event assures banners, photos,etc. are hung in the locations required. May require coordination with Hotel staff.
- during the event coordinates delivery to the rings during competition and retrieval following competition
- may also pack and ship or transport event equipment
- Ring Assistants Committee
- recruits Score Keepers, Timekeepers, Medal/Trophy runners, etc.
- recruits adequate qty of ring assistants for the qty of rings that will be in operation simultaneously
- coordinates their training and assures they have all the equipment and forms needed for their tasks
- coordinates with Ring Equipment Committee to assure adequate supply of clipboards, calculators, stop watches, scores sheets, sparring brakets, copy of competition rules for reference, etc.
- Festival Participation Recruitment Committee
- will work diligently to assure fellow members are aware of and understand the value and opportunities of attending the Festival and Dan Leadership Convention using personal networking, social media, email, etc.
- Publicity and Public Relations Committee
- writes press releases about the event, blog posts, etc. and coordinates with local politicians to secure proclamations, etc.
- VIP Greeting and Transportation Committee
- coordinates with HQ to develop amenties packs for VIPS
- assure ammenities are delivered to VIPs upon their checkin
- assures Kwan Jang Nim is properly greeted upon arrival and escorts him to his room
- provides personal pickup and return car service from the airport for VIPs
- On-Site Concierge Committee
- provides local and event information and assistance for attendees in addition to the concierge services of the hotel
- Theme & Decoration Committee
- conceives a visual theme for the event, creates decorations, coordinates installation as needed and removes decorations after the event
- may coordinate the sale of the decorations in the silent Auction that runs during the event by labeling and listing them with the Silent Auction Committee Head
- Silent Auction Committee
- acquires donated items in advance from businesses, sponsors, members, etc. that can be featured for silent bidding during the course of the event and coordinates delivery of items to winning bidders before leaving the site.
- Graphic Design Committee
- helps create various artwork used in various aspects of the event
- Cruise / Adult Banquet Committee
- will perform roll check of all bus passengers to and from the Cruise ship to assure no one is left behind.
- may be required to coordinate with VIP Greeting and Transportation Committee to arrange individual transportation to and from the Cruise ship for some VIPs
Are you the parent or friend of a Soo Bahk Do practitioner who is a videographer?
The Federation is seeking two videographers with HD gear and skills who can be available for a 5 hour video session on Thursday afternoon July 18th, 2013 from 1:00 to 5:00 PM in Cherry Hill New Jersey.
If you are a skilled videographer who has HD gear, tripod and skills and who can zoom in and out to properly frame a moving subject, then give me a call at (888) SOO-BAHK and lets discuss this opportunity.
You can see example videos similar to what we will be shooting on the Soo Bahk Do Institute.
A planning teleconference is scheduled for Wednesday May 23rd 9:00 PM EST so a prompt response will be appreciated.
Thanks you in advance for sharing this post with all your friends and anyone you think might be interested!
Course designed in conjunction with Certified NYS Firearms Instructor
Topics to be covered:
- Use of force continuum
- Legalities and application of deadly physical force
- Basic definition of firearms
- Functions of firearms
Instructor Joey Poppo Biography
- Yuk Dan (6th Dan) Moo Duk Kwan® Certified Master (Sa Bom) Instructor of Soo Bahk Do®
- Senior Instructor Moo Duk Kwan Academy
- Over ten years experience law enforcement
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- DARE Officer
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Rockland County Police Academy Defensive Tactics Award Winner
Instructor Anthony DosSantos Biography
- Cho Dan (1st Dan) Moo Duk Kwan® Certified Jo Kyo Assistant Instructor of Soo Bahk Do®
- Owner Operator Moo Duk Kwan Academy
- Over ten years experience law enforcement
- Former School Resource Officer
- DARE officer
- Certified NY State General Topics Instructor
Thursday July 18th, 2013 in Cherry Hill, NJ from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM Gups and Dans who are interested in having your individual, partner or group technical performance of your choice videoed and considered by the Technical Advisory Committee for official publication on the Soo Bahk Do Institute should pre-register by completing the signup form or by Texting CASTING to 69302.
Your performance should be approximately 1 to 3 minutes long and may be any personal skill or partner or group demonstration that you desire to present.
Videographers will be present to record your performance and it will be reviewed by the Technical Advisory Committee at a later date and could be published on the Soo Bahk Do Institute as an official Moo Duk Kwan® video.
Anyone whose video is selected for official publication will be notified and will receive a special subscription discount for the Soo Bahk Do Institute or a discount coupon for shopping on the Moo Duk Kwan Mall.
Pre-Register To Audition
Trouble with the form above? Try this one or
PLEASE ANNOUNCE THIS TO ALL YOUR DAN STUDENTS…
REGION 2 DAN QUALIFYING EVENTS FOR NATIONALS’ TEAM SPARRING AND/OR TEAM HYUNG:
For all Region 2 Dan members who wish to try out for this year’s Nationals Region 2 Sparring Team there will be two qualifying events held on Saturday, May 4th in Ellenville , NY and Saturday, June 8th in Springfield, NJ.
Members interested in trying out to be on one of the Region 2 Sparring Teams must attend and participate in at least one of these events.
If you have a Hyung Team (Junior, Adult or Senior) that would like to represent Region 2 at the Nationals this would be the event to demonstrate/try out.
Please contact your Regional Examiners: Denise Mullin Sa Bom Nim or Cort Stinehour Sa Bom Nim if you are interested or planning on attending any of these events.
The Regional Examiners will need your name, rank, dan bon and age.
Regional Examiners for Region 2
Congratulations to Laural Kenyon as the Federation’s newest Lifetime Member!
Laural’s lifetime membership now makes the entire Kenyon Family Lifetime Members!
A hearty “Thank You” goes out to the Kenyon family!
Moo Duk Kwan® Yuk Ro Du Moon Hyung Video By H.C. Hwang
In support of Kwan Jang Nim H.C. Hwang’s vision and the USA Technical Advisory Committee’s leadership development plans for Dans, Ko Dan Ja and our art, the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation ’s National Festival is scheduled for July 18-20, 2013 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel 2349 West Marlton Pike in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and will be an especially historic event incorporating a Dan Leadership Convention in lieu of Gup Competition as Federation leaders refocus this national event to better serve Dans, Ko Dan Ja members and long-term organizational goals.
During the past few years of TAC Seminar tour appearances across the U.S. and Kwan Jang Nim’s visits to regional Dan tests across the U.S., leaders have observed a very high level of professionalism in the nature of regional events being provided for members by regional officials. In fact, the member experience at regional events has come to so closely parallel the member experience at the National Festival, that Kwan Jang Nim and the TAC have concluded that higher level goals for our art and the organization can be accomplished at the National Festival. In the new event format Dans and Ko Dan Ja will be provided with the maximum amount of training and social time together rather than investing the resources required to bring the highest ranked members and senior level practitioners together at the National Festival and then having them spend a day of time providing a sparring and hyung performance opportunity for gups that regional officials and studio owners are already providing locally in an excellent manner.
The Dan Leadership Convention at the National Festival will better serve Kwan Jang Nim’s vision for preserving the Moo Duk Kwan’s quality standards by providing Dan and Ko Dan Ja leaders with as much time together as possible covering high level training in areas that have previously received less attention.
- Check back soon for the TAC’s list of seminars
The Dan Leadership Convention will also feature a unique fundraising session where Gups, Dans and Ko Dan Ja can demonstrate their leadership skills and prowess by having acquired sponsors in advance to support their participation. (like for walk-a-thons, etc.) Top fundraisers will be acknowledged.
The fundraising session will feature a series of creative drills and activities led by senior instructors in 10 minute long, fast paced, exciting and creative manners similar to a kick-a-thon with 10 minutes of social break time between each round to allow participants time to mingle and share their experiences with one another. Those who participate in the fundraiser by acquiring and turning in a minimum of $150 in sponsorships will be invited to attend a private V.I.P. dinner with the Kwan Jang Nim, SAC, HKI and TAC on Friday evening.
Gups are also invited to demonstrate their leadership ability to network and acquire sponsors from the local community and then participate in the exciting fundraising session and attend the private V.I.P dinner.
- more fundraiser info coming soon
Gup members and supporters are strongly encouraged to attend the National Festival and are invited to participate in the fundraiser and to serve as score keepers, time keepers and be spectators for the Dan and Regional Competition. Gups can enjoy the opportunity to observe regional teams and individual dan competition and show support for your Dan members and Regional Teams.
- The Technical Advisory Committee has announced as of 03-10-2013 that regions can now send multiple sparring teams to the National Festival.
Continuing the theme of leadership bonding,
- Saturday evening will culminate with a dinner cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia rather than a banquet.
Those electing to attend the dinner cruise will be picked up by bus at the Crowne Plaza and taken to and from the ship across the river in Philadelphia. It will be an exciting and fun highlight concluding the 2013 National Festival and Dan Leadership Convention.
Thanks to the excellence of Regional leaders and the professionalism of the member experience now provided at regional events, the Kwan Jang Nim and TAC have an opportunity to refocus time, service and support for all Dans and Ko Dan Ja via the Dan Leadership Convention at the National Festival and they invite you to join them in Cherry Hill July 19-20 to enjoy this historic and exciting new opportunity.
The U.S. Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation and the U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation were formed by Dan member conventions. In fact, certain charter changes can only be implemented by a vote of all eligible Dan members at a Dan Convention and only Dan members over the age of 18 are granted voting rights in the Federation.
The future of our art and the Federation rests in the hands of inspired , educated and motivated Dan members and the Kwan Jang Nim and the TAC are committed to assuring the 2013 Dan Leadership Convention will support those attributes in all attendees.
Parents of Dan Youth Leaders will be sent letters encouraging them to support their child’s attendance of this important event.
Adult Dans are encouraged to consider offering to chaperone a Youth member whose parents may be unable to attend, but desire for their child to attend.
Ko Dan Ja are encouraged to convey the value and opportunity of these experiences to all.
- Reserve your room for the Dan Leadership Convention and National Festival.
- Wear your Dan Convention t-shirt to say you are coming.
- online t-shirt order link coming soon
- Pre-register today
- online registration opens shortly