To protect the Moo Duk Kwan® identity and member's exclusive rights for its use, please be sure to incorporate the registered R symbol when using our registered trademarks:
- Soo Bahk Do® ( the martial art system)
- Moo Duk Kwan® (the organization)
- the fist logo
- the Soo Bahk Do kicking figure logo
- United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® (no Inc.)
- United States Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® (no Inc.)
Hwang Kee developed and taught three different martial art systems in his Moo Duk Kwan® school at different points in time:
- Hwa Soo Do
- Tang Soo Do - unfortunately in 1985 trademark status was lost for "Tang Soo Do" and it became a generic term "tang soo do."
- Soo Bahk Do®
Soo Bahk Do® is NOT an ancient martial art system, Soo Bahk Do® is Hwang Kee's interpretation of an ancient martial art system.
Stating or inferring that Soo Bahk Do® is an ancient martial art system undermines its uniqueness and trademark rights.
DO NOT CAPITALIZE "tang soo do" because it is a generic term.
DO NOT place tang soo do in parenthesis next to Soo Bahk Do®.
Soo Bahk Do® (tang soo do)
- Yes, we are aware it is done that way in some publications, but it was a mistake that should be avoided going forward.
When using Soo Bahk Do® and Moo Duk Kwan® in sentences and paragraphs, running them together and using them in ways that make it unclear which is the art and which is the organization is not a best practice.
It is a much better practice to use language before and after each trademark that makes it clear Soo Bahk Do® refers to the martial art system and Moo Duk Kwan® refers to the organization.
Trademarks should be used as adjectives followed by a non capitalized noun.
- Moo Duk Kwan® organization
- Moo Duk Kwan® schools
- Moo Duk Kwan® schools provide instruction in the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system
- Moo Duk Kwan® alumnus
- Moo Duk Kwan® standards
- Moo Duk Kwan® requirements
- Moo Duk Kwan® philosophy
- Moo Duk Kwan® values
- Moo Duk Kwan® members (rather than practitioners - members clearly belong to an organization)
- Moo Duk Kwan® traditions
- Moo Duk Kwan® history
- Hwang Kee's Moo Duk Kwan® organization
- Korean Moo Duk Kwan® schools teach the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system just like USA Moo Duk Kwan® schools.
- Soo Bahk Do® techniques
- Soo Bahk Do® training
- Soo Bahk Do® skills
- Soo Bahk Do® practitioners (rather than members - practitioners engage in a martial art)
- Soo Bahk Do® master
- Soo Bahk Do® performance
- Soo Bahk Do® demonstrations
- Soo Bahk Do® history
Additional Trademark FAQs on World Moo Duk Kwan website
LOGIN TO CONTINUE READING.
If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.