The SKILLZ membership is a 1-year commitment, with a month-to-month reoccurring membership afterward. With that said, we offer a "90-day out clause". This means that at the 90-day point, you can cancel the agreement if you're not completely satisfied with the membership within the next 30 days.
The Secret of SKILLZ...
At different ages, kids have different motor skills & levels of intelligence. By breaking kids up based on these scientific facts - and giving them EXACTLY what they need at each level - class becomes more powerful, fun, and easy than ever.
And our curriculum is infused with the latest understandings in child psychology and development. This means that your martial arts program isn't just a martial arts program any more...
It's now a child development course.
Parents value this far more, making it easier to sell, and allowing you to charge higher prices WITHOUT seeing a drop in enrollments. In fact, most SKILLZ schools see a dramatic RISE in their student counts, fast.
- Increase your tuition
- 600+ Drills
- Age Specific Training
- Easily customizable for any style
Classroom Survival Tips
Succeeding as a children’s martial arts instructor can be just as difficult as surviving in the wild! The reason why is because there is no easy path. As a metaphor to surviving in the wild, I have put together this quick article on how to survive in the classroom.
Tip 1: Have a Map!
Would you enter the wild without a map? I wouldn’t. The same goes for your curriculum. You need to have structure in your testing cycle, testing requirements, belt system, and class planners.
• Testing cycle – parents should be able to determine when the upcoming testing’s are so they can plan ahead. Fact: 60% of schools I asked do not have all of their testing cycles planned for the entire year.
• Students should know what their testing requirements are, even belts ahead of them. Fact: 70% of schools do not have their testing requirements written out for their students.
• Your class planners are essentially your daily maps. Without them, you are setting yourself up for possible disasters that could have been avoided if you knew where you were going. Fact: 75% of schools do not have structured class planners for an entire testing cycle mapped out.
Tip 2: Know your terrain!
If you dressed for simple hiking, but find yourself having to climb mountains, then you would not survive! At the same time, if you pack way too much, then you are going to find yourself wasting excess energy. Make sure you are fully prepared by knowing what to expect, and what not to expect from your students. To do so, study the stages of development of your students and know what the average students is and isn’t capable of physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.Click the links below to download a Stages of Development report:
- • 3 and 4-year olds:
- • 5 and 6-year olds:
- • 7 to 9-year olds:
- • 10 to 14-year olds:
Tip 3: Pack the right tools!
Some of the simplest challenges can be fixed with the right tools. For children, their favorite learning tools are toys. Martial Arts and fitness equipment can be used as toys, and make a big difference in the students overall growth and development in the program.
• Small square targets
• Slammer pads
• Wave bags
• Clapper targets
• Focus mitts
• Blocker targets
Items you can get from any sports store or regular store:
• Yoga balls
• Foam pool noodles (cut in half)
• Bins for the balls
Click the link to download our supply list for cool equipment from
Tip 4: Invest in a first aid FUN kit!
Injuries occur on the daily basis. Most injuries can turn from a serious situation (kid crying and screaming) into a less serious situation with the right first aid kit. Ice buddies, character band-aids, and simple little tricks will go a long way when kids get hurt in class.
• Ice buddies
• Character band-aid’s
• High-fives (Pull your hand away and say: “too slow”)
• Ask how many fingers you are holding up (But thumb doesn’t count as a finger because it’s a thumb)
Tip 5: Have a back-up plan!
Always be prepared for change. Full moons, larger than expected classes, assistants calling in sick, etc. By having a collection of drills readily available to you, things can go from bad to good in less than 5-minutes.
Click the links below to download some free drills:
• 3 and 4-year olds (Early SKILLZ):
• 5 and 6-year olds (Basic SKILLZ):
• 7 to 9-year olds (Core SKILLZ):
• 10 to 14-year olds (Extreme SKILLZ):
Download a PDF copy of this report here:
With the right training and preparation, you can survive in the wild. The same goes for working with children. As usual, I am here to help! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions that you have at email@example.com.
LOGIN TO CONTINUE READING.
If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.